IPE Zone is Now Available on Amazon Kindle!

♠ Posted by Emmanuel in at 9/01/2010 05:33:00 PM
Dear readers, in my constant quest to provide you with the best possible service, please note that the International Political Economy Zone is now available on Amazon Kindle. A few years back, Twitter asked me to join and I thought, "Why the !&£$ would people want to follow 40-letter snippets from other folks?" That shows you how much I knew way back when. In any event, I still don't follow tweets even if they've effectively surpassed blogs as sources of folks linking here, rendering Technorati and similar sites practically obsolete.

However, I have not been able to pass up the opportunity to include this blog on Amazon. (BTW, if you are a user of databases like LexisNexis and Proquest, this blog's content is already accessible there.) I remember Amazon's financial statements being a spreadsheet case study in an accounting course I took during my MBA years. Back then, my inclination was, "Why does the prof bother with this e-tailer when they're all just going under in a few years?" While I appreciated buying stuff for less than at bricks-and-mortar stores, I was understandably cautious about Amazon turning a profit eventually. Remember, this was way back in 2000 when the Super Bowl was filled with ads from various e-commerce startups that bit the dust shortly thereafter in the absence of a real business model other than adding "e-" to their name. But, as we all know, Amazon has survived and thrived.

So, mea culpa to Amazon (a decade late) and may it live long and prosper. Anyone with the good sense to offer this blog to Kindle readers is in my good books. This underdog wants to run with the big dogs, and I now have some credentials to show I'm doing so! I don't write a little girlie man blog here. Even now, I follow the principle of kaizen--constant improvement.