Chinese Environmental Toons

♠ Posted by Emmanuel in , at 5/20/2007 03:33:00 AM
I was snooping around the China Daily website while preparing the last post when I came across this section entitled the "2007 University Contest on Environmental Protection." It's a timely contest considering that China has 16 out of 20 of the most polluted cities in the world and will soon be the its largest emitter of greenhouse gases. My first selection from an interesting bunch of illustrations is this one to the right featuring an Olympic motif. Tying the Games to environmental quality is, er, natural since a heavily polluted China may put off visitors.

Another one that caught my eye is this Dante's Inferno meets Dr. Seuss's Lorax drawing below. It's pretty darned good if you ask me. There are several more in this series featuring the gingerbread man. They're definitely worth checking out. Just hope they help in some way to encourage environmental consciousness there.